Open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Enjoy a nostalgic tour to Angouleme for the Historique 'Circuit des Remparts' where every year in September, the town of Angouleme fills with racing enthusiasts for the Circuit des Remparts, the annual gathering of vintage and classic cars.
• Return P&O Ferry Crossing from Dover to Calais
(other crossings available on request)
• 1 Night at the Ibis Hotel, Le Mans - Outbound
• 1 Night at the Novotel la Source, Orleans - Return
• 3 Nights at the Ibis Nord or Appart'City Hotel, Angouleme
• Buffet Breakfast each morning & Meals as Itinerary
• Grandstand Tickets & Paddock Passes for Sunday Racing
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives
& Event Information
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Car Parking at the Hotels (charges are payable at the Appart'City or free offsite parking is a short walk from hotel)
We had an excellent time at Angouleme and the hotels and meals met all our requirements. The grandstand seats positioned on a hairpin bend for the Sunday racing could not have been better. As we traveĺled in 3 classic open top sports cars we found it reassuring to have on site parking for us to easily check the security of our vehicles. We hope to use Scenic and Continental again in the future for further European adventures. Thank you for all your help. Regards Tony and Lynda, Sunbeam Alpine Group.
This event is the must for fans of vintage cars. The International Circuit des Remparts turns Angoulême into a giant museum on wheels where old-timers and classic cars make fans dream during three days. The International Circuit des Remparts finds its route in the city, unchanged since its first edition in 1939, the third weekend of September.
6 Day, 5 Night Tours
From £599.00 Per Person
A spectacular gathering of vintage and classic cars
A fantastic weekend of street racing
© Fotorissima & Photoclassicracing
Please note: This tour is a 'spectator package' only. If you would like to
participate in any of the events see http://www.circuit-des-remparts.com
Modern safety equipment has replaced the hay bales and wooden fences but otherwise the circuit remains unchanged since the first Circuit des Remparts race in 1939. The historic hillside town of Angouleme perches majestically over the Charente River. The old town has been faithfully restored and is now the hub for bars and restaurants along the narrow pedestrian streets. The Cathedral dates from the 12th century and, when there’s no racing, you can walk all around the ramparts and look down over Angouleme and surrounding countryside.