Open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Attractions in Portugal & The Douro Valley
Join Lotus 7 Portugal in the Douro Valley and experience beautiful Northern Spain on route. From beaches to mountains this tour encompasses Cantabria, Asturias and the Pyrenees, a treasure trove of landscapes full of winding scenic roads, great cities and untouched villages and superb local fare.
Portugal - The highlights of Portugal's attractions are culture, gastronomy and wines, beaches, golf, history, variety of landscapes and above all great drives!
Attractions in the Picos & Northern Spain
Riaño - Picos de Europa
The N222 in the Douro Vally - One of the best drives in the world
The Picos de Europa on the borders of Asturias, Cantabria and Castilla y León, is probably the most stunning National Park in Spain, or even Europe. The contrasts within these 300 square miles of spectacular natural beauty that link Cantabria and Asturias are amazing. Small mountain villages are tucked away in the higher slopes almost completely isolated. Deep gorges that plunge vertically down into deep river valleys, sparkling lakes, and magical forests make this an adventure playground just begging to be explored.
Porto is a fascinating and vibrant city with an extensive history, interesting tourist sights, buzzing nightlife, and outstanding tourist facilities. The region is famed for the production of Port, which is still stored and matured in the vast cellars along the banks of the Douro River.
The Douro Valley is known locally as the enchanted valley. Following a route between the viewpoints that offer the best vistas, you need to cross the river from north to south and back again. But along the way you can admire breathtaking landscapes over the river and visit vineyards, towns and villages until you reach Miranda do Douro, the point at which the river enters Portugal. The N222 between Pinhão and Régua was voted the World’s Best Drive in 2015. We also recommend the N101 from Régua through Mesão Frio in the direction of Amarante and the N322-3 between Pinhão and Alijó.
• Return Brittany Ferries Crossing for a car and 2 passengers from Portsmouth to Bilbao
• A 4 berth cabin each way
• 1 night at the Parador de Ribadeo
• 4 nights at the Hotel Regua Douro
• 1 night at the Parador de Benavente
• 1 night at the Parador Santillana Gil Blas
• 7 Breakfasts included
• Joining the Lotus 7 Portugal international meeting
• 5 evening meals included (On every overnight hotel, as well as on the 1st and last night in the mainstay Portugal Hotel, ‘middle’ 2 nights in Portugal are BB only)
• 2 dinners in the ‘main hotel’ are buffet meal
• Boat Cruise on the Douro Valley
• Exclusive ‘Lotus 7 Club’ tour
• Complimentary car parking at all of the hotels
• 24 hour emergency helpline whilst on tour
• Full financial protection in accordance with the EC package travel directive
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Detailed Roadbook featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
Should you wish to make your own arrangements
- we can arrange a price in euro’s, a price without ferries and/or without overnights.